Mark as read delay in Outlook
To change the mark as read options of your messages, you can do the following:
- From Outlook, choose Tools > Options.
- Select the Other tab from the dialog box.
- Select Reading Pane Options and choose from these options:
- To mark items that you view as read, select the Mark item displayed in Reading Pane as read check box.
- To set a delay for when the item is marked as read, type a number in the Wait [n] seconds before marking item as read text box. The default is five seconds.
- To mark an item as read after you move away from it, pick Mark items you view in the Reading Pane as read after you select another item in the list.
- To leave items you view in the Reading Pane marked as unread, select Do not automatically mark items as read.
- Pres Ok when done.
Last Updated on Thursday, 27 May 2010 09:42